I can feel the love today! Over the two days I have received 3 nominations for the Liebster Award. I have done this before, but because I like feeling loved by all my readers, I am going to do it again!
So what is the Liebster Award? It’s an award given out to bloggers with less than 200 followers. These ladies are cutting it close as I’m getting more and more every day 🙂 This award is basically to find out more about the person behind the blog, and I love that! It makes it so much more personable 🙂 So let’s jump right in!
Let’s start with the rules:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you have nominated.
3. Choose eleven people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them to your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tagbacks!
Alright, 11 fun facts about me…
1. I hoard pens at work. Seriously, there are days I have 4, 5, maybe 6 pens within arm’s reach. I have a U-shaped desk.
2. I hang my shirts in my closet by rainbow order.
3. I own over $1000.00 worth of printed books and about $300 worth of eBooks.
4. I have an “extra” vertebrae in my spine — one of my tailbone vertebrae is not fused with the rest. This causes me to have more movement in my lower back.
5. I have a seriously unhealthy addiction to pasta. I can smell it cooking and start drooling because I want it.
6. I wish I could have a polar bear… a real-live polar bear.
7. I love wrapping presents, to the extent that my family will ask me to wrap their gifts for them… but they won’t let me wrap the ones they got for me.. jerks! Hehehe 😀
8. I prefer to talk to people via computer than on the phone or in person. The only thing I don’t like is that it is harder to tell emotion and tone that way.
9. I tend to jump into projects with both feet and then “abandoning” them half way through.
10. I have a short attention span when I am at work.
11. I am deathly afraid of needles. I can’t go to the dentist to get a cavity filled without needing laughing gas because I can’t handle them putting the needle in my mouth to give me the freezing to drill and fill the cavity. Even those “small cavities” that are a quick fix and they use a syringe with the solution freaks me out. Don’t even get me started on going to get shots or blood taken!
The first nomination I received was from Danette at No Bottle Left Behind. Her questions are:
1. What is one major gift you’re hoping to receive this year for the holidays?
I was hoping that Tyler and I would have our own house by now, but I don’t think that is going to happen before Christmas seeing as we haven’t started looking yet. That’s really it 🙂 I’m more of a “gifter” than a “giftee”.
2. If you could only have one drink forever for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I’m going to have to go with Orange Pekoe tea with milk and sugar. I know, pretty boring and old-ladyish, but it’s a comfort thing for me 🙂
3. What is your favourite TV show?
Big Bang Theory, all the way!
4. Do you want/have any kids? If so, how many?
I keep trying to convince Tyler that we should just have dogs because every time we go into public, there are always screaming children everywhere! I’m only kidding though, my max is two kids, preferably one boy and one girl 🙂
5. If you had to move and choose to live somewhere else forever, where would it be? And why?
I would move to the North Pole. Winter is my favourite season and Christmas is my favourite time of year, what better place to live than with Santa Claus?!
6. What’s your favourite accessory?
I’m not an accessory-type gal. I hate leaving the house with naked nails, does that count??
7. If you won the lotto, what would be the first think you buy?
I would definitely buy myself a house! Then maybe a 2012 Dodge Charger in orange 😀
8. What’s the one thing in your make-up bag you can’t live without?
My deodorant. Seriously, it’s in my make-up bag because I usually spend the weekend at Tyler’s mom’s house, so it’s so much easier to remember everything when it’s all together 🙂
9. What made you decide to start blogging?
Lauren from Living Lovely posted on the Julep Facebook page that she was starting a blog and I thought “I can do this too” and jumped right in!
10. How many kids do you have or see yourself having?
See question 4 🙂
11. Sun or snow?
Snow, no question about it!
The second nomination I received was from Amber at And Then There Was Polish. Her questions are:
1. What is your favourite brand of polish?
That’s a tricky one, there are so many great ones! I’m going to have to say Zoya, or China Glaze. My favourite indie brand is Elixir Lacquers 😀
2. Do you have any pets?
Technically, I have a dog however to me, he’s a son. He is my baby, and always will be. His name is Owen and aside from Tyler, he is the love of my life! I also have 3 fish and a plecko in my fish tank.
3. How many polishes do you own?
Oh jeez, are you really gonna make me do this?? *busts out the calculator and begins counting* I currently have 197 polishes, 5 nail art polishes, 1 nail art pen, 46 polishes on their way to me *hangs head in shame*, and 15 base and top coats. Yep, that New Years Resolution No Buy is definitely necessary!!
4. What is the colour you want most right now, but can’t have?
That’s a good question… I would love an Ozotic polish, but they are so expensive 😦
5. What is your favourite TV show?
Big Bang Theory, for the win! 😉
6. Favourite food?
Does “all of it” count? Hahaha! I love any type of pasta and any type of dessert. I also love turkey dinner 🙂
7. What is your worst habit?
Oh, this is a good question. I would have to say… peeling the layers off my nails when they begin to peel. I’m sure I have one that is a lot worse, but I’m not sure what my faults are. Tyler could probably answer this better than me 😉 Buuuut we’re not going to ask him, hahaha! 😀
8. What is your dream career?
Lottery winner! Hahaha! I’m kidding.. sorta. If I could choose anything, I would love to do something with interior design, but I don’t like dealing with people. Customer service is not a good field for me to be in, but that’s what I do for a living right now 😦
9. What is the strangest talent you have?
Ooooh another good one! I have to say that I have a really good sense of smell! I pick up on scents a lot faster or easier than other people around me. For example, my parents just got new carpet installed and as soon as I walked into the house I said “it smells like new carpet in here!” and both mom and dad couldn’t even smell it.
10. What is your favourite song?
Hmm.. so many to choose from. I am a country girl, so I love all country music. But you want my favourite song… hmm… one of my favourites is Country Must be Country-wide by Brantley Gilbert. He is one of my new favourites. I also like his song She’s My Kind of Crazy.
11. Who is your celebrity crush?
I don’t have a ccrush on a celebrity, just a fictional character — Edward Cullen 😀
The third nomination I got was from Tabitha at Laque Enthusiasm. Her questions are:
1. What is your favourite polish-related memory?
When Nicole from Elixir Lacquers told me that she may have to dub me her biggest fan when I told her that I would officially own all polishes currently in her shop! ❤
2. What is your favourite sweet/dessert/candy?
Because I can’t bundle those all together in one category, or pick JUST ONE, I will give you all 3. My favourite sweet is cookies – anything as long as it doesn’t have coconut in it. My favourite dessert is all of them! Haha! If I had to narrow it I would have to say baked cheesecake and my grandma’s apple pie. My favourite candy (chocolate) is Ferrero Rocher and (other) Fuzzy Peaches. I’m pretty easy to please when it comes to anything with a sugar content, as long as there is no banana or coconut flavouring in it.
3. What’s the weirdest food you have tried and liked?
I’m not very adventurous when it comes to food. For me, the “weirdest food” I like is corn on the cob with Cheez Whiz, and cucumbers with peanut butter. My family doesn’t eat “weird food”. I have tried sushi but don’t really like it. And it was the stuff with cooked meat in it, I refuse to eat raw fish, and I’m not a big fish person to begin with.
4. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
The North Pole. I love winter and Christmas is my favourite holiday, so what better place to live??
5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
The only thing I remember wanting to be was a personal assistant/organizer, and that when I was in Grade 10.
6. In your opinion, where should everyone go at least once?
The CN Tower in Toronto, Ontario (and you HAVE to stand on the glass floor!) and out to breakfast at Cora’s!
7. Cats or dogs? And why?
I have wanted a cat since the day I was born but was never allowed to have one because my mom doesn’t like cats, but I think I am more of a dog person now because I could never live without my Owen 🙂
8. Funniest/weirdest name you’ve ever given a pet.
I had goldfish when I was younger, like 5, and they were named “Goldie” and “Orangey” .. yeah I wasn’t an overly creative child… 🙂
9. Funniest/most embarrassing pet name/nickname you’ve given a person.
My sister’s nickname is “Pookie” and my car is called Petunia. I have a 2008 Dodge Charger and when I tell people they say “that’s not a good name for a Charger! You need something more MANLY!”
10. Worst school memory.
When I overheard some “popular” girls laughing at the way I dressed (mom-ish jeans, baggy t-shirt tucked in).
11. What scent makes you nostalgic and why?
There was a perfume I was wearing when I started dating Tyler. I don’t know what it was, it was a knock-off of an expensive brand and I only ever found the one bottle. I actually kept the empty bottle for a long time because the scent reminded me of when Tyler and I first started going out 🙂 How’s that for romantic 😉
WHEW! That was a lot of work! Haha! Now I have to come up with some questions — what hasn’t been covered yet??
My questions to all of you:
1. What is your favourite movie?
2. What do you do for a living?
3. If you could rename your favourite polish colour, what polish would you choose and what would you rename it?
4. What other hobbies do you have other than polishing?
5. What movie or TV show best describes your personality?
6. If you could have a fictional character as your best friend, who would it be?
7. What is the one thing in life you wish you could do-over? Why?
8. What is your staple product for hand and nail care, something you can’t live or leave home without?
9. What is your favourite song from a movie?
10. What is your favourite type/style of nail art?
11. What super power do you wish you had? Why?
Alright, now I’m off to find some bloggers… Please hold… *plays “on hold’ music while you wait*
6. Muffin Nails
10. The Nail Nerd
11. No Naked Nails
I hope you have enjoyed learning more about “the girl behind the polish”. I love learning more about the people around me, that’s why I love people watching 😉 If you aren’t on this list, feel free to answer any of my questions in the comments below 🙂 I would love to get to know you!